Provider of NRP: American Academy of Pediatrics
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) – Certification
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program™ is an educational training course that introduces the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation. At the neonatal stage (less than 28 days) newborns are among the most vulnerable patients whom medical professionals will ever have the privilege to help. Their needs are highly specific, both in terms of physiology and likely medical events.
Who should take this course
Healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in Neonatal patients. This includes personnel in rapid response teams (RRT), emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as Pediatric physicians, Labor and Delivery (L&D) nurses, Obstetrics nurses (OB), nurse practitioners (NP), respiratory therapists, midwives and Critical Care Flight Nurse (CCFRN), Flight Paramedics (FP-C) and may others working with Neonates.
Students that complete the NRP course will receive a NRP Provider course card that is valid for 2 years, as well as CEU’s for BRN, EMS.
2 – 3 hours
At our training facility in Mission Viejo, California.
28570 Marguerite Pkwy, Suite #229,
- The systematic approach is to assess and aid with neonates at birth.
- Recognition and management of bradicardia and cardiac arrest.
- Basic neonatal life support skills.
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics including Endotracheal (ET) and Lryngeal Mask Airway (LMA) placement.
- Recognition and management of respiratory distress and failure, including stimulation and proper airway management.
- Recognition and management of shock, emergency umbilical venous (UVC) placement as well as Inter Osseous (IO).
- Recognition and management of arrhythmias and fetal monitoring.
This is a three-part course that is open to all new, expired, or current NRP card holders.
Part 1, Prestudy: The first part of the course is self-study of the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (7th edition). This textbook is available for purchase at Our training center, from Healthstream or AAP website. Many students who work in labor and delivery, NICU, recertifying or in neonatology will find that they are already very familiar with the NRP Guidelines and do not need to spend as much time in self-study. However, if this material is new or unfamiliar, the new 7th edition Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation is the most valuable resource to prepare for the online exam and the classroom portion of the course.
Part 2, Online Exam: The second part of the NRP course is the NRP Online Exam. There are two tests of 25 questions, and four e-Simulation Cases. Prior to attending Part 3 of the course a student MUST successfully complete both portions of the exam and the e-Simulation Cases. The NRP Online Exam is available once you have registered for the class, instructions and an exam key will be emailed to you. You must complete Part 3 within 90 days of completing your NRP Online Exam or else the exam will need to be retaken.
Part 3, Skills Evaluation: The third and final part of the course is the mandatory classroom portion including demonstration, hands-on practice, skills evaluation, simulation and debriefing. On the day of your classroom session the instructor will demonstrate the skills and be available to coach you before testing begins. You must successfully pass all portions of the required NRP Online Exam before participating in the classroom portion of the course. You must also complete your classroom portion within 90 days of completing your NRP Online Exam. You will be expected to demonstrate basic neonatal resuscitation skills and participate in a team resuscitation and debriefing. Successful completion of the online exam and the skills demonstration will result in an American Academy of Pediatrics/AHA NRP certification card valid for two years.
How to Sign up
- Review the Calendar to find an appropriate class datetime for a new or a renewal class.
- Fill out the form: select the class type, datetime, your name, address and contact details.
- Complete online payment by submitting credit card information on the First Data bank PayEezy page.
How does payment work ?
- The information you provide is used to process payment via credit card.
- Your email or phone may be used to contact you in case of any issue in class, schedule or payment.
- A receipt is available on the payment page and also sent via email after processing has completed.
- Credit Card processing is performed by First Data bank with PayEezy.
- To provide secure processing, this page redirects to the First Data bank hosted payment system.