American Heart Association
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – New Cert
Ill or injured children/infants often hide or compensate for symptoms that often quickly become life-threatening. To prevent decline of these pediatric patients, providers must be able to quickly diagnose the underlying cause, treat the symptoms, and closely monitor the patient.
Who should take this course
Healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This includes personnel in rapid emergency response (RRT), emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, physician assistants (PA), nurses (RN), nurse practitioners (NP), respiratory therapists, pharmacists, EMT-Intermediate and paramedics.
Students that complete the PALS course will receive a PALS Provider course card or ecard directly after class that is valid for 2 years, as well as CEU’s for BRN, EMS, and Pharmacy.
4 – 6 hours
At our training facility in Laguna Niguel, California.
27601 Forbes Road
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- The systematic approach to assess and treat a seriously ill or injured infant/child.
- Recognition and management of cardiac arrest.
- Basic child and infant life support skills.
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics.
- Recognition and management of respiratory distress and failure, including airway management.
- Recognition and management of shock, including inter vascular (IV) access as well as Inter Osias (IO).
- Recognition and management of arrhythmias, including electrical therapy.
- Post-cardiac arrest care including targeted temperature Management (TTM).
PALS can be delivered in 2 formats to meet the needs of students and offer flexibility for healthcare organizations and Instructors. All formats include the same learning objectives and result in the same course completion card.
Instructor-led Training: Conducted in the classroom and supported with video and presentation technology, instructors deliver courses designed to include both the cognitive portion of training and the psychomotor component of thorough skills practice and testing.
PALS and BLS: $245
How to Sign up
- Review the Calendar to find an appropriate class datetime for a new or a renewal class.
- Fill out the form: select the class type, datetime, your name, address and contact details.
- Complete online payment by submitting credit card information on the First Data bank PayEezy page.
How does payment work ?
- The information you provide is used to process payment via credit card.
- Your email or phone may be used to contact you in case of any issue in class, schedule or payment.
- A receipt is available on the payment page and also sent via email after processing has completed.
- Credit Card processing is performed by First Data bank with PayEezy.
- To provide secure processing, this page redirects to the First Data bank hosted payment system.